The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a spread of postgraduate courses at German Universities which intention at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
These degree programs, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide academically-trained young professionals in main positions from developing nations with the chance to have interaction in postgraduate training and training of their specific discipline or profession. Host Institutions: German Universities offering postgraduate programs with relevance to developing countries.
Area of Study: Postgraduate programs are provided in the following fields:
- • Economic Sciences / Business Administration / Political Economics •
- Development Co-operation
- • Engineering and Related Sciences
- • Mathematics
- • Regional Planning
- • Agriculture and Forest Sciences
- • Environmental Sciences
- • Medicine and Public Health
- • Veterinary Medicine
- • Sociology and Education View the checklist of selected programmes for this year.
- Number of Scholarships offered: Not specified.
- Target group: The DAAD Germany Scholarships are for international college students and young professionals from developing countries in Africa, Asia, Pacific Islands, Central and South America and Central and Eastern Europe. (See the DAC List of the OECD) Scholarship Package/inclusions: The DAAD pays a monthly scholarship installment, at the moment set at EUR 750.00. In addition, the scholarship consists of costs for well being, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany and an satisfactory travelling allowance, in so far as the home nation or another donor shouldn’t be already covering these expenses. Furthermore, the DAAD pays an annual analysis grant. However, the colleges might charge further fess not coated by the scholarship (e.g., enrolment price, semester ticket, etc.). Who is Eligible: Program Expect Candidate that: • Will come both from a public authority or a state or non-public firm in a developing nation and, as such, be engaged in the planning and execution of directives and initiatives with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, financial or social areas. • Holds a Bachelor’s diploma (4 years) in related subject. • Will have accomplished an educational degree far beyond average and at the least two years of associated skilled experience. • Isn’t older than 36 (for some programs the age restrict is 32), and his/her respective educational degrees ought to normally not be older than 3 years. Concerning a attainable age restrict, please check with the course particulars on the following pages. • For programs in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF four; at time of utility German abilities at accomplished stage A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at stage A3 or B1 are extremely recommended. • For programs in English: TOEFL (minimum rating: 550 paper based mostly, 213 computer based, 80 internet primarily based) or IELTS (band 6) certificate. Please additionally see if you happen to meet the eligibility requirements of the programme you are making use of to. How to Apply: Scholarship candidates can apply at the German embassy or DAAD regional office, straight at the DAAD in Bonn or directly to the university. For Cameroon, Myanmar, Nigeria it is extremely advisable to submit the applications only through the German Embassy. The applicant should submit the complete requirements as discovered in this link. The applicant additionally must observe separate specific software requirements and instructions (if any) set by a course. Application deadlines for DAAD-scholarships are as follows: •At German embassies and/or at the DAAD regional offices: 31 July • On the DAAD part 431 in Bonn/Germany: 30 August • On the respective universities in Germany: 30 September or 15 October Vital Note: Applicants ought to ensure that to check info regarding university-particular application deadlines directly with the individual universities because they could differ from the final deadlines listed above. You will need to read the 2013-2014 Scholarship Booklet and visit the official website to entry the application form and for complete info on how to apply for this scholarship. Official Scholarship Website: http://www.daad.de/entwicklung/studierende_und_alumni/bildung_postgradual/ast/08492.en.html